Sunday 2 April 2017

A child free trip to the cinema.



It has been a long while since I have had chance to write, almost a month in fact but here I am again and this time I really wanted to write about my trip to the cinema to finally see Beauty and the Beast!

I have been so so SO unbelievably excited to see this film ever since news hit the headlines about the remake and when I heard that Emma Watson was playing Belle, I nearly peed my pants with excitement.  She is my ultimate woman, I mean she played Hermoine Grainger, after all!
Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favourite Disney film and has been since I was a little girl.  The scene were the Beast shows Belle the library... wow.  If only things that like happened in real life, that is my idea of romance!

So, after a long day at work I didn't go home to mama duties as usual.  Instead my two friends and I headed to the the Vue Cinema in Altrincham.  I was so excited, being mama usually means lots of mundane routine.  Get up, get me ready, get the children ready, rush to work, finish work, rush home and get the children into bed.  All of which I love but knowing I was going to cinema for 2 hours of me time with popcorn and my favourite Disney princess on a Thursday evening was such a delight.

We navigated through the traffic and headed into the cinema.  I felt silly about how giddy I was.  The smell of sweet popcorn was too good to pass up so I ordered a large popcorn and diet coke combo and we headed into screen 2.

The film did not disappoint, I blooming loved it! I laughed, I cried (alot) and I had two hours to myself to just be me.  Not to worry about whether I had snapped at the littles or whether I would have time to mark my school books before my eyes got to weary.  It was pure bliss and I want, no need to see the film again, like now!

In all seriousness though, I sat there in the cinema with two lovely friends and realised how important 'me time' really is.  It doesn't have to be a special trip out every time but to be the mum I want to be I must remember to take some time out to chill I remember who I am,  I was Holly first before I was mummy and I mustn't forget that. It is so easy for mothers or those with hectic jobs and commitments to forgo 'me time' but in this hectic frenzy that we call life we really need to take the time to slow down and rejuvenate every now and again. I for one am going to take a leaf out of Belle's book this half term and make sure I spend at least 10 minutes a day with just myself and a good book because do you know what, I deserve it and so do you!


What is your favourite way to spend your, 'me time?' Leave a comment and let me know. 😊

Thanks for stopping by.
Lots of love. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment