Tuesday 2 January 2018

A letter to our boy.



Dear Lochlann,

My dear boy, my quiet sensitive little soul who happily plays on his own for hours, is almost three.  I am sat writing this not long after you had an epic tantrum down at the pool.  This proved as a stark reminder that you are still so young even though three seems so grown up.

Truth be told I probably do baby you a little.  Your daddy tells me I do.  But you're so quiet and with those beautiful blonde curly locks, how can I not?  You still use a dummy and we are struggling to potty train you but having spoken to many boy mamas recently I am not too worried.  We will get there, you're just not quite ready and that is okay sweet boy.

You coped with moving out here better than I thought you might considering you are such a home boy.  You are forever asking if we can go home yet, whenever we venture out.  It turns out though, that home to you is wherever your things are and wherever your mama, your daddy and your sister are.


Once in nursery you enjoy it, especially as it has it's own soft play and park.  I know you are safe there and happy.  Your teacher says you will always happily join in during teacher led activities but that you are most happy when in your own little world playing with trucks and trains.  You have made a couple of little friends though and you talk about them which is lovely to hear.  I worry a little for when you move up to our school in September.  I wonder whether you would be better off staying in a small, private nursery instead of in FS1 at school.  But I have faith in you and your sister will be a friendly face just down the corridor.



This Christmas you were an absolute delight.  You asked for one thing and one thing only- a fire engine.  Boy do you love fire engines.  Last Christmas you were more overwhelmed than excited so this year has been just brilliant.  You and your sister buzzed off one another's excitement and I will never forget the pure joy on your face when you finally opened that fire engine.  You seem to love anything with an engine, trains, trucks, tractors and diggers though we never pushed gender specific toys (after all your sister was here first so there were plenty of other toys around).  But there is no doubt about it you are an engines boy.  You love racing them round your road rug and will happily play with them for hours.  You also love playing kitchens and more recently you and your sister have started playing mummies, daddies and grandads which is just the sweetest thing ever.

We all love you so much little Lochlann.  You are a quiet one but come out with little one-liners that can leave us all howling.  I am proud to say that you are a mama's boy but of course you love your daddy too.  Lets see what the year of three has in store for you (apart from potty training, giving up a dummy and starting pre-school- phew).



We love you dearly Lochlann Armstrong Samuel.

Happy birthday my boy.

Lots of love,

Mummy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment